Chris worked hard to seed the front right-of-way strip thicker with bluebonnets this year. The two previous years we had used a wildflower mix from Wildseed Farms but we weren’t getting the bluebonnet results we wanted. So this year Chris bought a pound of bluebonnet seeds and the rewards from that have been great. We have a few gaps we need to fill in next season but we’re really happy with the results this year. The bulbs we’d planted up front seem to have faded a bit with only some daffodils and hyacinths returning over the years. This was the first year we didn’t get new bulbs to plant up front. It will be interesting to see just how many come back over the years.
Next year Forest will be able to sit in the bluebonnets for a good photo-op!