I haven’t spent much time in the garden except to pull ripe tomatoes, so I don’t have much to write on. I was half tempted to delay my post again this week and blame it the holiday we had on Monday, just so I could snap a few more pictures tomorrow, but then I realized I was going to go to yet another baseball game so that was out. So I leave you with this…
I went ahead and dig up the Kennebec potatoes on Monday as the leaves were brown and the the stems were laying over. This harvest was a bit disappointing after the treasure hunt I had with the red potatoes.
My “let’s grow potatoes in five gallon buckets” experiment didn’t go so well so I pull the plants and replanted them. The picture is dark, sorry. Not sure if these will continue to grow or not. We’ll wait and see.
I pulled all but one of my giant sunflowers on the south side of the house to ready the dirt for pumpkins and watermelon. After getting three quarters done, I ran into a problem as you can see above. Back in the spring I broke the handle off this here rake and just tossed it. After spending 45 minutes trying to remove the tines I was finally able to finish turning the dirt.